Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random!


So, Monday night being "Family Night"  we decided for part of it we would take the kids to a walkway overpass- I have NO idea what you call them- but you know what I mean, right? It is the walkway that goes over the road- Anyway, my kids have been asking me all summer if I would take them, and every time I thought it would be a good time, it never worked out ( crying, tired babies, or having to hurry and get somewhere else) Well, we finally did it.  And much to the disappointment to Stockton!!!

 I wanted to surprise the boys because all too often I find myself telling the boys we are going to do something, and then for some reason or another if falls through.  Austin kept telling the boys to hurry and get ready because we were going to go for a ride.  Stockton took this literally!  When we pulled up he was excited but when we went to leave is when the drama started.

Stockton- This is the worst ride ever!
Me- What's wrong, I thought you'd be excited, you've wanted to do this forever.
Stock- I thought we were going on a roller coaster.
Me- Ohhh, I'm sorry Stock, when we said "ride" we meant to go somewhere in the car.
Stock- This really is the worst ride ever- now with tears freely flowing.

After we all got in the car to head home- the drama continued. :)

Stock- Dad, when you die- I am going to go to that place where they put you and take your wallet.
Austin- what?
Stock- Yep, when you die I am going to take your wallet so I can do whatever I want to when I want.
Austin- Well, I am pretty sure when I die, your mom gets my wallet.
Stock- Well then when you die and when mom dies and when Staley dies but not Kenzlie
Staley- Stockton will you please stop, you are making me sad.
Stock- Ok well nobody has to die, but can I have your wallet and then I will give you money for what you need... I wish I was in Grandma Parry's stomach first before mom then I could be in charge...

.....and he kept going...and going. :)

Holy Cow- I think he was tired.

This was all in about a 10 minute span.  Funny thing is about 5 minutes later I asked him if he was done throwing his tantrum and he acted like he had no clue what I was talking about.  This is SO typical of Stockton, and not too uncommon in the Binks home :)

Gotta love my boys!

Now tell me that's not random. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment